Allocations of fellowships and scholarships are based on the following criteria:
- Funding is determined by the Program’s Admissions Committee.
- All applicants, domestic and international, are eligible.
- All applicants are required to complete a scholarship application that is included with the application for admission. The scholarship application must be submitted at the same time as the application for admission. The deadline is the same as the admissions deadline.
- Notification of a GSAPP scholarship is included in the admission letter.
- A direct tuition award is disbursed in the student’s account each term by the end of the change of program period (the second week of each semester).
- Full time enrollment and good academic standing are required.
- Scholarship awards are for the entire duration of the degree program and will be divided and disbursed evenly for each semester. For students in the M. Arch, M.S. UP, M.S. HP, MS. CCCP and NY/Paris programs, scholarships will be disbursed evenly for the Fall and Spring semesters. For students enrolled in the M.S. AAD, M.S. AUD or M.S. RED programs, scholarships will be disbursed evenly for the Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters.
- You are guaranteed funding expressed in your acceptance letter annually for the duration of your program. You will not need to reapply for aid during your time at GSAPP.
- M.S.AAD, M.S.RED, M.S.AUD: 1/3 of the quoted amount in your admission letter is disbursed each semester, and funding is guaranteed for one year (three semesters).
- M.S.UP, M.S.CCP, M.S.HP: ½ of the quoted amount in your admission letter is disbursed each semester, and funding is guaranteed for two years (four semesters).
- M.ARCH: ½ of the quoted amount in your admission letter is disbursed each semester, and funding is guaranteed for three years/six semesters (i.e. the $22,000 M.ARCH Avery Scholarship is $11,000 per semester for 6 semesters).
- Your scholarship will be disbursed directly to your student account after the registration period, which takes place during the first two weeks of the semester, ends. If you wish to pay your bill before your scholarship is disbursed, deduct the scholarship amount from the total amount of your bill.
- Please also note that Student Financial Planning will not acknowledge your GSAPP scholarship in their financial aid package.