Building Science & Technology Waivers
Director: Phillip Anzalone
You must attend class in 113 Avery from 9:00am - 1:00pm and the waiver session will begin at 1:00pm. A sign-up list will be created for discussions with Phillip Anzalone and Craig Schwitter, who will do the course waivers. A very important note is that the list will be grouped by university that you graduated from, not individually, and therefore if you arrive late and your university has gone you will not be allowed to add your name to the sign-up sheet. All course waivers for Building Science and Technology classes are done in a group from the same university to avoid accidental irregularities. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Each person must come with an official or a photocopy of an official transcript from your university, and your Columbia ID. Transcripts printed form a website will not be accepted.
- The university must be an NAAB accredited university
- Only grades of A or B are accepted. Grades C+ or below are not accepted.
- Each University group must have an official syllabus from the courses in question, so if you are missing one syllabus, perhaps a colleague has it. Without a syllabus, a course will not be waived. The syllabus must include a list of the material covered as a schedule, list, narrative or so on.
- You must arrive with a completed course waiver sheet from the Admissions Office.
- Requirements below are based on semester 3 credit courses. Other methods of crediting or other academic years (i.e. trimesters) will be considered individually.
- The minimum requirements for waiving out of each particular course are as follows. Please note that this is the minimum and the final decision is at the discretion of the Director. You may refer to the GSAPP course descriptions below to help you determine if you qualify for a waiver.
AT1: You must have one architectural structures course and one construction / detailing course that includes building envelope as a substantially covered topic.
AT2: You must have one MEP / systems course and one environment / energy course.
AT3: You must have three courses total in architectural structures.
AT4: You must have waived out of AT1 through AT3, have taken one additional MEP / systems course, one additional environment course and one additional integrated building systems courses.
AT5: You must have waived out of AT4 and be a licensed architect in the United States.
Building Science and Technology Core Class Descriptions
AT1 Fall Semesters, First Years P. Anzalone
AT2 Spring Semesters, First Years N. Keinzl
AT3 Fall Semesters, Second Years W. Laufs
AT4 Fall Semesters, Second Years J. Hibbs / D. Wallance
AT5 Spring Semesters, Second Years P. Anzalone