Urban Design Admissions Requirements
All applicants for admission to the program leading to the degree of Master of Science in Architecture and Urban Design must have a first professional degree, B.Arch, M.Arch, or Master of Landscape Architecture degree (eligible for licensure). In addition to the application form and required supporting documents, applicants must submit a portfolio containing examples of their architectural designs, including the last two years of previous training. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
Unless exempted, all applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Due to the sequential nature of the curriculum, all students are required to begin their studies in the Summer Term, on or around June 1 of each year, and attend on a full-time basis.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN ENGLISH
1. On-line application (https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=COL-ARCH)*
2. Application Fee ($75.00 US)*
3. Three letters of recommendation*
4. Personal Statement*
5. Transcripts in English*
6. Portfolio (Submitted by mail, postmarked by application deadline)
7. International Students Only: TOEFL (Minimum score: 100 IBT, 250 CBT, 600 PBT)
* indicates materials that should be submitted online
Download the MSAUD Checklist of Required Materials